This week’s blog post is a little different. I have been sick and not really feeling like reading. Sleeping has been a priority for me in the last few days but I have some books that I am really excited about starting.
In December our staff participated in a murder mystery instead of having a traditional Christmas party. Everything was designed by our amazingly talented teen coordinator, Alyssa. She designed everything around a secret society whose goal is to protect and preserve literary works. Over several weeks we were emailed clues then asked to put everything together and reveal the murderer, why they were committing the crime and what the important document was all about. Let me tell you, it was HARD! I truly do not know how Miss Alyssa’s mind holds all of this.
After weeks of pouring over the clues I found out that I had won the grand prize! A $100 gift card to Watermark Books & Cafe! My next free weekend was spent browsing their shelves looking for just the right books. I picked out seven books and an enamel pin. Trust me it was not easy to decide but I did it.
List of books I bought:
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
- *a Dracula enamel pin
So hopefully I will be feeling better by the weekend so I can start on some of these books. If you are interested in winning a gift card to Watermark Books then enter our For the Love of Reading challenge on Beanstack. It runs from February 2-14, 2020. You still have time to log books. The more you read the more chances you have to win!
Being able to work around books is a dream! I read anything but my favorite genres are historical fiction and YA. Give me anything set in Tudor England or teenage fantasy novel and I am set.
Latest posts by Ashley Pohlenz (see all)
- What’s Ashley Reading?: The Sun Down Motel - February 14, 2020
- What’s Ashley Reading?: Not much… - February 7, 2020
- What’s Ashley Reading?: The Devil in the White City - January 31, 2020